UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2019 2020 UP PCS Exam Syllabus 2018 UPPSC PCS Mains Exam Syllabus PDF Download UP PCS Exam Pattern Pre Main Exam uppsc.up.nic.in
UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2019
ADVT. NO. : A-2/E-1/2018
Update 03/04/2019: The UPPSC has released the New Mains Exam Syllabus for the PCS 2018-19 Main Exam. Check the official notice here.
UPPSC (Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission) has organized the UPPSC Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Services Provincial Civil Services (PCS) Exam 2018 for the total 831 posts. Thousands of candidates have applied for the PCS 2018 and filled the online application form from 06/07/2018 to 02/08/2018.
- Preliminary Examination (Objective Type).
- Main Examination (Written examination)
- Viva- Voce (Personality Test).
The PCS (Provincial Civil Service) written exam (Pre and Mains) pattern is following below:
Pre Exam Pattern:
- The Preliminary Exam will have two Papers.
- The Exam will be objective type with MultiChoice Answers.
- Total time duration for each paper will be 02 hours.
- Total Number of marks will be 200 for each separate paper.
- The Paper II of the Pre exam will be Qualifying nature with minimum passing marks 33%.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to appear in both the papers of Preliminary Examination for the purpose of evaluation.
Mains Exam Pattern:
The Main Exam will be Subjective Type i.e written type.
|1.||General Hindi||150||03:00 hours|
|3.||General Studies-I||200||02:00 hours|
|4.||General Studies-II||200||02:00 hours|
|5.||General Studies-III||200||02:00 hours|
|6.||General Studies-IV||200||02:00 hours|
Optional Subjects (any One):- Question Papers will be of 03:00 hours.
Note: A candidate will not be allowed to offer more than one subject from the Below Subjects. There Will be Only 01 Optional Subject –
Group A :
1. Social Work
Group B :
Group C :
2. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Group D :
1. Civil Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Electrical Engineering
4. Agriculture Engineering
Group E :
1. English Literature
2. Hindi Literature
3. Urdu Literature
4. Arabic Literature
5. Persian Literature
6. Sanskrit Literature
Group F :
1. Political Science and International Relations
2. Public Administration
Group G :
2. Public Administration
UPPSC PCS Exam Syllabus 2019
The UPPSC Provincial Civil Service (PCS) Pre and Main Exam Syllabus is following below:
UPPSC Pre Exam Syllabus
Paper I (General Studies-I)
Current events of national and international Importance:- On Current Events of National and International Importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
History of India & Indian National Movement:- In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian History. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
India and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World: In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.:- In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanisation. General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization, General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
General Science:- Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
Note:– Candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with special reference to Uttar Pradesh.
Paper II (General Studies II)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics upto Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
- General English upto Class X level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
(i) Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship.
(iii) Ratio and proportion
(v) Profit and Loss
(vi) Simple and Compound interests
(vii) Work and Time.
(viii) Speed, Time and Distance
(i) Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations.
(ii) Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
(i) Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area.
(ii) Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, comulative frequency curves (ogives), Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode.
GENERAL ENGLISH (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
(2) Active Voice and Passive Voice.
(3) Parts of Speech.
(4) Transformation of Sentences.
(5) Direct and Indirect Speech.
(6) Punctuation and Spellings.
(7) Words Meanings.
(8) Vocabulary & usage.
(9) Idioms and Phrases.
(10) Fill in the Blanks.
सामान्य हिंदी (हाईस्कूल स्तर तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय
(1) हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
(2) शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
(4) संधि, समास,
(6) अनेकार्थी शब्द,
(7) विलोम शब्द,
(8) पर्यायवाची शब्द,
(9) मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
(10) तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
(13) हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
(14) उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ
UPPSC Main Exam Syllabus
GENERAL STUDIES I
- History of Indian Culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Modern Indian history (from A.D.1757 to A.D. 1947): Significant events, personalities and issues, etc.
- The Freedom Struggle- its various stages and important contributors/contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country (till 1965A.D.).
- History of the world will include events from 18 century to middle of the 20 century such th th as French revolution of 1789, industrial revolution, World Wars, redraw of national boundaries, Socialism, Nazism, Fascism etc-their forms and effect on the society.
- Salient features of Indian Society and culture.
- Role of Women in society and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Meaning of liberalization, privatization and globalization and their effects on economy, polity and social structure.
- Social empowernment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
- Distribution of major natural resources of World- Water, Soils, Forests in reference to South and South-East Asia with special reference to India. Factors responsible for the location of industries (with special reference to India).
- Salient features of Physical Geography- Earthquake, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, Cyclone, Ocean Currents, winds and glaciers.
- Oceanic resources of India and their potential.
- Human migration-refugee problem of the World with focus on India.
- Frontiers and boundaries with reference to Indian sub-continent.
- Population and Settlements- Types and Patterns, Urbanization, Smart Cities and Smart Villages.
- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh – History, Culture, Art, Architecture, Festival, Folk-Dance, Literature, Regional Languages, Heritage, Social Customs and Tourism.
- Specific knowledge of U.P.- Geography- Human and Natural Resources, Climate, Soils, Forest, Wild-Life, Mines and Minerals, Sources of Irrigation.
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basis structure, Role of Supreme Court in evolution of basic provisions of Constitution.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States: issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Role of Finance Commission in Centre- State financial relations.
- Separation of powers, dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions. Emergence and use of alternative dispute redressal mechanisms.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other major democratic countries.
- Parliament and State legislatures- structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers and privileges and concerned issues.
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary: Ministries and Departments of the Government, Pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity. Public Interest Litigation (PIL).
- Salient features of the Reperesentation of People’sAct.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, Powers, functions and their responsibilities.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies including NITI Aayog, their features and functioning.
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design, implementation and Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- Development processes- the role of Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Self Help Groups (SHGs), various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes, mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education , Human Resources.
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger, their implication on body politic.
- Important aspects of governance. Transparency and accountability, e-governance applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential, citizens, charters and institutional measures.
- Role of Civil Services in a democracy in the context of emerging trends. 18- India and its relationship with neighbouring Countries.
- Bilateral, Regional and Global groupings and agreements involving India and/ or affecting India’s interest.
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests- Indian diaspora.
- Important International Institutions, Agencies their structure, mandate and functioning.
- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh regarding Political, Administrative, Revenue and Judicial System.
- Current affairs and events of Regional, State, National and International importance.
Final Verdict: Interested candidates can download the UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2018 here. For more details information on the UPPSC Exam Syllabus, Admit Card, Result you can keep in touch with our website “Gyanrishi.com” for all updates.
For more details, a candidate can visit the official website: http://uppsc.up.nic.in
Candidates can share their doubts and queries on the UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2019-20 Exam Pattern through the comment form. Our team will try to clear your doubts.